About Dr Caroline Hoggenmueller.
My purpose is to instil confidence in my patients and help all women feel proud of their bodies.
Exceptional obstetrician and gynaecologist services in Melbourne from a female doctor who’s seen it all.
My name is Caroline.
I’m thrilled you’re interested in learning more about how I can help you achieve optimum health for your body. My goal has always been to provide an exceptional and unbeatable quality of medical care.
But my mission as an obstetrician-gynaecologist is so much more than just providing an excellent service.
A woman’s body is fascinating and frustrating all at the same time. We experience an incredible number of significant changes at every stage of our lives.
One of those fascinating moments includes the ninth-month period of pregnancy. Our body undergoes massive amounts of strain – something that even the most seasoned mother is shocked to experience. The ultimate result of bringing a child into the world brings an unrivalled feeling of joy quite like no other.
But, as wonderful as that sounds, unfortunately it means we also undergo a lot of anomalies and suffering – whether it be abnormal bleeding, pelvic pain, fibroids or menstrual disorders.
That’s why my mission isn’t just to treat symptoms. It’s to educate, inspire and get women of all ages feeling a sense of pride in their own bodies. No matter your age. No matter your body.
Serving the women of Melbourne 24/7 is my commitment
I firmly believe that a client-centred medical experience is absolutely critical to providing quality gynecologic healthcare.
I take the time to truly get to know my patients – and form a long-lasting bond with them that extends well into the future.
That means being available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Because our bodies can do the strangest things when we least expect it.
My commitment to you as an obgyn is to provide:
- Laser-focused and accurate diagnoses.
- Sound, tailored and non-judgmental medical advice appropriate for your body.
- Professional integrity and open communication.
- Education – so that you’re well-informed when making some of the most important health decisions of your life.
- Pre-pregnancy counselling
- Contraceptive counselling
- General obstetric and antenatal care
- Menopause management
- Endometriosis and PCOS
- Pelvic pain management
- Uterine fibroid removal
- Fibroid symptoms treatment
- Advanced gynaecological surgery
- Laparoscopic hysterectomies.
I graduated from the Technical University of Munich Germany in 2005. From there, I undertook Specialist training at Mercy Hospital for Women, Ballarat Base Hospital and Sunshine Hospital in the west of Melbourne from 2007 to 2018.
At Ballarat, I acquired extensive experience in the management of multiple regular and high-risk pregnancies and delivering babies for first-time mothers (including twins!). I also gained extensive surgical experience, developing a particular interest in advanced laparoscopic surgery and minimally invasive keyhole surgery.
Today, I’ve delivered over 2,000 babies (and counting!)
Some of the best obstetricians and gynaecologists in Melbourne have made me who I am today.
Professor Sue Walker AO, Professor Michael Permezel AO, Dr Russell Dalton, Dr Michael Bardsley, Dr Emma Readman and Dr Bernadette White have all played a role in forging my expertise.
My professional memberships
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG)
- Australasian Gynaecological Endoscopy & Surgery Society (AGES)
- Australian Menopause Society (AMS)
In addition to my private patient commitments, I also:
- Hold a public appointment in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Mercy Hospital for Women and Austin Hospital.
- Provide training for multidisciplinary teams in the management of Obstetric emergencies.